At Picture to Puppet I also run a toy hospital in Leith.
Does your child have a favourite cuddly toy who’s just been loved and cuddled that bit too much? A teddy full of holes, a bear with missing limbs, or someone who’s just lost their smile?
Don’t panic! Here at Picture to Puppet I’ve seen worse! I can give them a careful operation (under anaesthetic of course), and make sure that they come back to you healthy and strong enough to withstand many more years of love and hugs.
I make toys all day every day, so have a very thorough understanding of how they are made. I know how favourite cuddlies are the centre of a child’s world, and how upsetting it can be when they become damaged. I know how important it is that retain the same character and expression, so will make absolutely sure that this is preserved.
Get in touch if you have a friend who needs some TLC!
Or email email@example.com
Or visit 64 Constitution Street, Leith, Edinburgh
Here are some things I can do:
- Patching – from £15
- Limb replacement (matching fabrics as closely as possible) – From £25
- Darning – from £15
- Re-embroidering facial features – from £20
- Replacing safety eyes/ noses – from £15
- Restuffing – from £15
Or, in the most drastic of cases:
- “New skin!” Well, snakes do it, so why not teddies? I can make a new skin in a very similar fabric to exactly the same size and shape as your teddy, and put the original teddy inside the new skin (including the soul, of course.) It’s the same teddy, but with a complete makeover. – from £50
I’ll chat with you before I do anything to make sure you’re getting a repair that you’re happy with. I’ll even send your toy back with a doctor’s note stating how long the teddy will need off work to recover fully and what exercises they need to do.
If you have a cuddly toy who needs some TLC, you can either:
- Come and visit my Edinburgh studio at 64 Constitution Street EH66RR
- Email a picture of you damaged teddy to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will let you know what needs doing and how much it will cost. Then you can post me the teddy and I will send it back special delivery.
Visit my gallery for some examples of my previous work.
N.B. I only do cuddly toys and puppets, I’m afraid I don’t do plastic or wooden toys.